Health System Project: Neurosciences Assessment
Strategic Assessment and Planning
The challenge: A multi-hospital health system, this client had bold plans for its future and multiple initiatives that it wanted to put into place.
The organization needed to address challenges in multiple subspecialties. Chief among them: a dispirited medical staff, an undefined vision of services and the need for a plan to how to deploy subspecialties across the system.
- Conducted system-wide assessment that engaged both medical and administrative staffs
- Effectively reflected and redirected the discontent and tension between administration and medical staff toward collaboration
- Served as a credible and neutral voice to gather/relay information between constituents
- Delivered a limited set of counterintuitive recommendations- chief among them, the need to focus on limited initiatives rather than many
- Assured buy-in with a “special forces” model that created a tightly controlled, modestly sized project that could be managed in real-time
- Served as a credible neutral voice to gather/relay information between constituents
The results: Consensus on a vision and plan for the near- and mid-term. Client is currently working in partnership with Vega to implement core recommendations.